I love the aesthetic of greenhouses, especially as a backdrop for a wedding! This styled shoot from Victoria Isabel Photography contrasts darker colors with the light and ethereal atmosphere of a greenhouse for beautifully modern wedding inspiration! From Victoria: “With the industrial modern aesthetic, we wanted to pull in rich texture by using velvet table clothes and loose foraged floral arrangements with added greenery that draped along the center of the table. Keeping touches of gold throughout, each napkin had a gold leaf ring around it that was taken as inspiration for the gold leaves in the garland surrounding the escort wall. Each escort card was adorned with a wax seal, representing the couples' last names. We kept a balance of richness of textures and modern simplicity throughout the design.”
A modern greenhouse wedding inspiration shoot in New Albany, OH
The history of The Oak Grove at Jorgensen Farm is where our inspiration first started. The owner had relocated an old greenhouse and has rehabbed it to be used for weddings. The mix of the architectural lines of the greenhouse with the modern interior of the cottage drew us to a modern take on those rich tones.
While we dreamed of a cozy outdoor dinner, the greenhouse acted as the backdrop to the table, which was set with a rich navy velvet tablecloth and a forged floral arrangement complete with raspberry branches. Antique brass candle stick holders with simplistic candles adorned the table and created more movement. Each place setting was set with modern glassware and gold flatware.
Something we also did different from the traditional styled shoot is have a dress change. Each gown represented the flow of going day to night.
- Photographer: Victoria Isabel Photography
- Event Designer: Samantha Joy Events
- Venue: Jorgensen Oak Grove
- Floral Designer: The Flowerman
- Cake Designer: Flourish Cake Co.
- Strapless Dress Designer: Eve of Milady (Style 1508)
- Halter Gown Designer: Mikaella by Paloma Blanca (Style 2106)
- Dress Store: LUXEredux Bridal
- Stationery Designer: The Paper Vow
- Hair Stylist: Carrie Barker
- Makeup Artist: Katie Mayhill
- Rentals: Event Source
- Second Photographer/Assistant: Paige Cermack
- Candles: Creative Candles