Emily and Zachary's sweet Southern wedding in Charlotte featured the perfect summer palette of Pantone's Serenity and Rose Quartz, including gorgeous bouquets and a stunning invitation suite! Sunshower Photography captured their lovely celebration!
Although Emily and Zachary met in 9th grade gym class, there wasn’t much time for them to get to know one another once they switched to different schools. However, Zachary was sure that Emily was certainly something special so he reached out on a whim and the rest, as they say, is history. It was on a snowy ski trip to Beech Mountain for New Year’s several years later when Zachary surprised her at the top of the ski lift with a beautiful ring.
A traditional wedding in Serenity and Rose Quartz in Charlotte, NC
Although she can’t attribute her wedding day vision to one piece of inspiration, Emily shares that it was a smoky blue color palette that guided the planning and it wasn’t until five months before the wedding, that she finally found the perfect bridesmaids’ dresses. From there, everything fell into place and went just as planned.
One of Emily’s favorite details of the day was her veil, which was handmade by her mother with the crochet from her own wedding gown and some delicate tulle. The pair also had fun crafting DIY table signs with photos of them throughout their relationship and the years that go with them. From the emotional first look down to the traditional Greek and Romanian circle dances, Emily and Zachary agree that their wedding was as perfect as could be!
- Photographer: Sunshower Photography
- Ceremony Venue: Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Cathedral
- Officiating Priest: Father Angelo Artemas
- Reception Venue: Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark
- Entertainment: Spintastic Sounds
- Bridal Gown: Songbirds Consignments
- Bridesmaid Dresses: ModCloth
- Florals: Shelly St. Laurent with Revival
- Cake: Gigi’s Cupcakes SouthPark
- Hair & Makeup Artist: The LaLa Girl
- Invitation Suite: Innovate Graphics
- Groom’s Attire: Men’s Wearhouse