Whitney and Vince's wedding day started out at Harrah's, where the girls were primped and preened and the men enjoyed an on-location shave. After, the couple shared their first look at the picturesque Bird Haven Greenhouse. Whitney is a singer, so music was a big part of their wedding day, including a quintet to play the ceremony music and a treble clef in the petal design on the aisle. At the reception, the tables were decorated with eclectic vases filled with beautiful floral arrangements, along with wine bottles and table numbers made by the bride. At each place setting, a tiny pair of “glass slippers” held a bacon-chocolate lollipop the groom created as a favor. The head table showcased THE pair of shoes that Whitney had special-ordered at DSW the day they first met. When it was time to head in for dinner, guests were in for a special surprise – a wardrobe change by Whitney! Her gorgeous gown had been reconstructed from the dress that both Whitney’s mother and grandmother had worn. There were two separate skirts: one long for the ceremony and one short for the reception – all the better to show off her adorable custom designed shoes. In lieu of the old-fashioned clinking of glasses, Whitney and Vince chose to include a “kisses for cancer” jar on their sweetheart table where guests could make a donation. Jennifer Kathryn Photography captured their fantastic celebration!
A floral summer wedding Joliet, IL
- Photographer: Jennifer Kathryn Photography
- Dress Designer: Alice Padrul
- Dance Instructor: Arthur Murray Chicago
- Makeup Artist: Blend Beauty Inc
- Cinema and Video: Delack Media Group
- Event Planner: Five Grain Events
- Band: Great Life Music, Inc.
- Pre-Ceremony Location: Harrah's Joliet
- Floral Designer: Kio Kreations
- Cake Designer: La La Li Patisserie
- Event Venue: The Patrick C. Haley Mansion
- Other: ShutterBooth