Asal and Bryan's summer wedding at the Scripps Seaside Forum blended Persian and American traditions to create a memorable celebration of their union, surrounded by delicious food, fabulous music, wonderful toasts and loved ones. They wanted décor that was simple, timeless and elegant and chose to highlight the natural beauty of their seaside venue with earthy but bold hues. For their traditional Persian sofreh, all of the symbolic pieces were either handmade or passed down from family members, making the ceremony even more special. Melissa McClure Photography captured their day!
A summer Persian beach wedding in La Jolla, CA
It was particularly fun and memorable working to design and create a traditional, Persian “sofreh” (spread) to highlight our wedding ceremony and introduce much of our family and friends to the central piece of a Persian wedding ceremony. Our most memorable moment was walking out together for our ceremony and seeing our family and friends surrounding us with so much love and joy. Bryan and I chose to walk out together for our ceremony, which although seemingly not “traditional,” it was a really special and personal moment for us. We also loved all our beautiful flower arrangements! We knew that our flowers were going to be an important detail, but we did not anticipate how stunning and truly special they would be. – Asal
- Photographer: Melissa McClure Photography
- Wedding Planner: Your Event by Erin
- Floral Designer: The Floral Palette
- DJ: Dashing Event Inc.
- Venue: Scripps Seaside Forum
- Catering and Rentals: Coast Catering by Barry Layne
- Bar: Giuseppe Restaurants & Fine Catering
- Ceiling and Wall Draping: Platinum Pro, Inc.
- Cake Designer: VG Donut & Bakery
- Linens: La Tavola Fine Linen Rental
- Accommodations and Getting Ready: La Jolla Shores Hotel
- Hair and Makeup: Aubree Leigh Hair