Kathleen and Richard met on Match.com and quickly realized their mutual love for Long Beach Island, their Irish roots, lighthouses, and an obsession with craft beer. They got engaged after a scavenger hunt proposal that took them to all their favorite LBI spots and ended on D-Dock at the Little Egg Harbor Yacht Club, the same spot where they would leave a year later to set sail on the boat that would take them to their wedding reception. They got married at the yacht club where Richard’s family have been members for multiple generations and where Richard learned to sail as a boy. Their invitations set the stage for the day with a simple nautical design and a beautiful watercolor map painted by the groom. Their traditional Catholic ceremony was followed by a bike ride on a bicycle built for two, and then a short cruise to take them to their reception, which was full of beautiful DIY details created by Richard. As guests arrived they were greeted by hand-folded origami boats used as escort cards, a DIY card box, and the ultimate sailor’s guest book, a sailboat model built by the groom, with sails for their guests to sign. Ashley Mac Photographs captured their fabulous nautical celebration, and Bogath Weddings & Events ensured every moment was perfection!
A preppy yacht club wedding in navy and lime in Beach Haven, NJ
- Photographer: Ashley Mac Photographs
- Event Designer: Bogath Weddings & Events
- Venue: The Little Egg Harbor Yacht Club
- Floral Designer: Something Nice Floral
- Cake Designer: Clay’s Creative Corner Bakery
- Dress Designer: J. Crew
- Stationery Designer: Apropos
- Hair & Makeup: Lavish Salon
- Entertainment: The Dane Anthony Band
- Transportation: Trolley, Inc.
- Antique Schwinn Rental: Rustic Drift
- Linens & Tent Rental: Adams Party Rental
- Ceremony Venue: St. Thomas Aquinas
- Catering: Beach Haven Catering