Laura and Jake celebrated their Scottish heritage in a modern, luxurious wedding at a castle in the highlands of Scotland! They decorated the venue with tons of lush greenery and tasteful, fresh details, including trendy rose gold, copper, marble and succulents. Glitter & Twigs captured their fabulous wedding day!
A Scottish castle wedding with modern decor in the highlands
Laura had a fresh perspective on the traditional castle wedding and modernised it to suit the couple's sense of style, design and fashion by bringing in woodland elements, succulents and a clean colour palette. The creative woodland inspired centerpieces were designed together with Tupelo Tree, who forages a lot of their material from the actual forest! Laura sourced the legs for the centerpieces from Wayfair (lamp legs!).
Laura and Jake are into munro climbing, and how better to honour that, than to name each table after a munro they climbed together? We also had their engagement shoot in the highlands of Scotland, and their seating plan features an incredible photo of Laura and Jake walking in Glen Etive.
Laura works in design, and had a lot of talented friends as guests, helping out with various details from the day. Stationery and seating plans were envisioned by Laura herself, designed by her friend Olivia. – Glitter & Twigs
- Photographer: Glitter & Twigs
- Venue: Fasque Castle
- Floral Designer: Tupelo Tree
- Cake Designer: 3D Cakes
- Dress Designer: Eddy K Bridal
- Makeup Artist: Lauren Alexandra Makeup
- Entertainment: DJ Dan Moore
- Rentals: Illumin8 LED Signs
- Celebrant: Bryan Begg
- Catering: Sinclair's Catering
- Groom's Attire: ASOS
- Videographer: White Balloon Films
- Assistant Photographer: Dave Fallon
- DIY Marble Placecards: Topps Tiles
- Printing: Glasgow Print & Design Centre
- Tea Towel: Wee Design Studio