This post is in partnership with Macy's.
Registering for your big day is so much fun, and Macy's is the perfect place to score all the goodies you and your partner have been dreaming of to start your lives together! Creating your wedding registry is also the ideal time to choose essentials for entertaining friends and family as newlyweds. Many engaged couples don't yet have dinnerware, serving pieces and barware on hand, so the incredible selection of housewares at Macy's is an excellent place to get started.
But before I show you my favorite entertaining picks for your Macy's registry, let me tell you two reasons you should hurry on over to get yours started before you miss out!
The first is Macy's Gift-a-Day Sweepstakes, running September 1-30, 2017. 10 chances to win daily and one lucky couple will win the grand prize, valued at $6,200. Find Out More!
The second is Macy's Give a Gift, Get a Gift registry offer, also running September 1-30, 2017. Purchase a gift off of a registry and receive $20 off your next purchase of $50 or more!
For the Brunch Crowd
You're far more likely to have friends over for brunch than a fancy dinner, so forget the stuffy china patterns and make sure your brunch game is on point with these fabulous ideas!
1. Kate Spade New York Birch Way Indigo Dinnerware Collection: Kate Spade New York's dinnerware collections are downright gorgeous! I love the refreshing blue hues in this set, but there is no shortage of beautiful patterns with a whimsical yet modern vibe to register for!
2. Mikasa Cheers Party Flutes: It's just not brunch without mimosas, so champagne flutes are a must! Plus, you can use these at your cocktail parties and to toast your first year of marriage.
3. Breville 2-Speed Juice Fountain Juicer: Nothing makes your mimosa taste better than fresh squeezed juice – and having a juicer is a wonderful way to make healthier choices on a daily basis, too!
4. De'Longhi Pump Espresso Maker: Chances are you already have a coffee maker (and if not, you should definitely register for one), but an espresso maker is perfect for hosting a casual Sunday brunch!
5. Cuisinart Double Round Belgian Waffle Maker: No one has time to make waffles during the busy work week, so weekend brunch is the perfect time to indulge!
For a Cocktail Party
Whether you're hosting a classic cocktail party or planning a gourmet wine and cheese tasting, these gifts will help you pull off any soirée in style!
1. 6-Piece Corkscrew and Wine Preserver Set: Letting a good bottle of wine go to waste is just wrong, so if you happen to have any left at the end of the party, use this preserver set to keep it fresh.
2. Marble Rectangular Cheese Board: The gold-tone edging on this cheese board goes so nicely with the other gold-hued barware I've chosen here, and the marble is essential for keeping your cheese cool and fresh.
3. Thirstystone Coaster Collection: You don't want rings and drips on your new furniture, so make sure everyone at your gathering has a coaster for their drink!
4. Mikasa Cheers Party Collection: This festive collection of glasses will match your champagne flutes, and they're just so pretty! Round out your glassware with highball glasses, wine glasses, a party pitcher and double old fashioned glasses.
5. Martha Stewart Collection Gold Metal Barware Collection: Shaken, stirred… either way, with this barware set, you're covered!
With these beautiful yet practical registry picks, you're ready to host memorable gatherings for friends and family! So, what are you waiting for? Head over to Macy's to add items to your registry, and don't miss out on your opportunity to win big in the Gift-A-Day sweepstakes!