Jenny and Hughes got married in August in a classic, traditional wedding in Huntsville with a pastel palette of dusty blue, blush pink, gold and soft gray. It was very important to the couple to honor their family; at the ceremony, they had an “In Loving Memory” table with pictures to remember family members no longer with them, and at the reception, they displayed their parents' and grandparents' wedding pictures. Jenny also used her late maternal grandmother's crystal for serving dishes and champagne glasses, and she carried a handkerchief that her paternal grandmother carried in her own wedding. In addition to honoring family, they wanted to include pieces of both of their homes in Chicago and Alabama; guests received Chicago's famous Garrett Popcorn “Chicago Mix” as favors, and the bar served brews from both cities. Jessica Sparks Photography captured their lovely day!
A traditional Huntsville wedding in pastel hues
Hughes and I met at the first Alabama football game of 2010 through mutual friends. I was starting my senior year, and he had just finished graduate school and bought a house near his home town in Guntersville, Alabama. About a week after we met he called and asked me to go on a date – and the rest, as they say, is history.
We dated long distance until I started my internship near Guntersville the second semester of my senior year. After graduation, I moved to Huntsville to begin my first job, and we continued to see each other on weekends. After we had been dating for one year his job moved him to Chicago, and once again we were long distance. Long story short, I found a job in Chicago and moved within the next four months. After a year and a half in Chicago, Hughes took me on a trip to Napa, and proposed to me in a hot air balloon on our three year anniversary. – Jenny
- Photographer: Jessica Sparks Photography
- Equipment Rentals: All Needz Rental Center, Inc.
- Shoes: Badgley Mischka
- Veils and Headpieces: BHLDN
- Cake Designer: Cakes Etc.
- Caterer: Catering by Narvell
- Transportation: Classy Limousine Service, LLC, Coats Classic Cars LLC
- Pre-Ceremony Location: Cooper House
- Hair Stylist: Fringe Hair Salon
- Specialty Foods: Garrett Popcorn Shop
- Favors and Gifts: I Love Sparklers
- Tuxedo and Men's Attire: Jos. A. Bank
- Invitation Designer: Minted
- Makeup Artist: nancy finnegan mua
- Event Venue: The Roundhouse Depot
- Dress Store: White Dresses Boutique
- Jewelry: Alexander's Jewelry
- Ceremony Location: Holmes Street United Methodist Church
- Event Planner, Decor and Floral Designer: Michelle and Van Johnson
- Musicians: seducing alice