A day after session at a haunted opera house in Derby, CT
I‘ve always been a sucker for a good ghost story and tragically beautiful old buildings, so whether the defunct Sterling Opera House is actually haunted or not, this photo shoot and film from Maler Photography and Jennifer Dougan Photography will certainly send chills down your spine – I know it did mine!
Mindy and Anthony explored the opera house on its 122nd anniversary (it first opened in April of 1889) and showcased its long-ignored beauty and Mindy’s gown in a trash-the-dress meets day-after session. The Sterling Opera House has hosted legends like Harry Houdini, Amelia Earhart and Lionel Barrymore on its stage, and SyFy’s Ghost Hunters team has recently investigated the spooky spot, concluding that something isn’t quite right. Enjoy the photos and brilliant film of this fabulous relic of a bygone era!
- Photographer: Maler Photography, Jennifer Dougan Photography
- Video & Post Production: Maler Photography
- Floral Designer: BLUSH
- Dress Store: Bridal Trousseau
- Veils and headpieces: Flaunt My Feathers
- Hair Stylist: Hair Chateau
- Submitted via Two Bright Lights
Originally published on May 8, 2011