What we’re looking for
We love detail-centric, artistic and unique weddings; they might feature DIY and handmade elements, unusual venues, or vintage style… whatever it may be, creativity and lots of details are a must! We also gladly accept styled and inspiration shoots and other wedding-related events.
We only accept a very small quantity of engagement sessions with the aforementioned unique qualities.
How to submit
We take copyright and intellectual property very seriously, so at this time we only accept submissions directly from photographers or authorized vendors. Before a submission will be published, we will require a signed agreement from the image copyright holder. If you are a bride, please ask your photographer to submit instead.
Artfully Wed is an exclusive editorial partner with Two Bright Lights, and we recommend using the service to streamline your submission process.
However, if you’re not a Two Bright Lights member, you can use our submission form below.
What to include in your submission
- Please include a paragraph describing how the wedding/event is a fit for Artfully Wed’s audience – what makes it unique? Is it DIY, handmade, vintage, offbeat, alternative, etc.?
- Images must be at minimum 1000 pixels wide and 300dpi.
- Please submit 50-100 carefully curated images for styled shoots and weddings (fewer is okay for engagements and other sessions).
- Detail shots are a must!
- Event must be from within the last 18 months.
- Please do not submit collage images or watermarked images.
- We need a complete vendor list! Artfully Wed is not responsible for any inaccuracies or omissions in features that result from incomplete vendor lists.
All submissions are considered for publication in the Artfully Wed blog or the digital magazine. If we choose to feature your submission in the magazine, we will require higher resolution photos, a complete vendor list and additional details.
How to Create the Perfect Submission for Artfully Wed
We carefully review every submission that comes through, but unfortunately some just aren’t a fit for our audience or the submission doesn’t contain the information we need to publish it. Here are some best practices for creating an ideal submission for Artfully Wed and getting your work published!
- First and foremost, follow our submission guidelines! You can use Two Bright Lights or our direct submission form. We ask that you use either of these tools to help us streamline the review process. If you simply send us an email saying, “Hey, check out this cool wedding!” we don’t have time to review it. If we had more hours in a day, it might be possible, but until we no longer need to sleep, please use the form or Two Bright Lights!
- Include ALL of the vendor information and web links. We want everyone to get their due credit for producing a lovely event, so please do it! Good karma will come your way.
- Details. Details. Details. We can’t stress this enough. If we’re going to accept your submission, we need to know about the event! It can be from you, the bride or the event planner, just include information about the inspiration behind the day, the special or meaningful details, the DIY (if any), etc. The more the better.
- Even though Artfully Wed isn’t a regional blog, please include the event location – city and state! International is cool, too – just give us the details. That’s an easy one, eh?
- Follow our image specs. All images need to be at least 1000 pixels across (whether portrait or landscape). No watermarks, pretty please. Also, please don’t send both a black and white version and color version of each photo. That’s overkill.
- Curate! Please don’t include every photo you took. It’s important that you select the best images – those that tell the story of the day, highlight the details, showcase the emotions, etc. Generally speaking, we DON’T want the following image types: reception dancing, photo booth shots, toasts & speeches, getting ready, etc. A few here and there are fine, but let’s mostly keep it limited to the ceremony, portraits and reception details. Although they may be fabulous, our readers don’t want to see photos of Aunt Mildred doing the Electric Slide. The hallmark of a successful submission is a thoughtful selection of images. If you send us 4 versions of the same pose, and we need a magnifying glass to tell the difference between them, chances are we’re not going to publish your submission. We realize this takes more work prior to submitting, but it’ll pay off in the end, we promise!
- We still accept engagement submissions, but due to the volume we receive, we’re not accepting nearly as many as we used to. We give preference on engagement submissions to our vendor guide members, but if you have a truly unique, outstanding session, don’t be afraid to send it our way!
- Lastly, please adhere to our exclusivity policy! Every blog has a slightly different view on this, so take a moment to familiarize yourself with ours. You can do so here on the photo submissions page.
Thanks so much for sharing your work with Artfully Wed – we look forward to seeing your best!
Here at Artfully Wed, we are an “Exclusive Publication” and we only accept submissions that haven’t yet been featured elsewhere. Here are some FAQs to help you before submitting to us!
Q: How long should I wait to hear back about a submission before moving on to another blog?
A: We ask that you give us 2 full weeks to review your submission before you submit anywhere else. Every submission is carefully reviewed by a single person, so please be patient! We do our absolute best to respond in a timely fashion. If you don’t hear from us within 2 weeks, feel free to send us a follow up email. Or, please let us know if you intend to pull the submission at that time.
Q: May I submit to other blogs?
A: Yes!! But Artfully Wed must be the first wedding blog to feature the submission, and you must wait 30 days after the feature date to submit anywhere else.
We’ve changed our policy from 6 months of exclusivity to 30 days after careful consideration of the feedback we’ve received from wedding vendors.
Q: May I publish the feature on my own blog?
A: Absolutely! Our exclusivity policy doesn’t apply to the vendors who participated – only to other wedding blogs. As long as Artfully Wed is the first wedding blog to feature it, that’s just fine with us! We know how hard you work and appreciate how important it is to be able to market your talents to potential brides on your very own blog and social media channels.
Q: Why do you require exclusivity at all?
A: In the Internet age, brides are inundated with inspiration and ideas for their weddings! We believe there are more than enough wonderfully beautiful weddings to go around, so we want brides to see fresh new ideas on our site!
Get to know the style of the blogs you’re thinking about submitting to – those that truly fit the style and vision of your submission – and then only submit when it feels like a perfect match. We believe there’s a blog out there for every type of submission. We strive to offer our brides inspiring, artistic, one-of-a-kind weddings.
Q: What happens if I don’t follow your guidelines?
If you don’t follow our exclusivity policy, chances are we won’t be publishing your work in the future. It’s nothing personal, but we’d rather work with wedding professionals who appreciate the value of what we do and are happy to work with us rather than against us. You might think we’ll never know if a submission is not exclusive, but many wedding bloggers are part of a tight-knit community, and we speak with one another often! Please play by the rules so we don’t have to be the bad cops – we really don’t like it. We much prefer to share the love. We respect you as artists, and we hope you feel the same!
Q: How can I make sure my feature is successful?
A: It’s important that you let as many participating vendors as possible know about the feature so they can plan to promote it through social media, blog posts, etc.! The more shares a post gets, the more eyes will land on it! Also, be sure to grab a badge to place on your site so people can find your work at a later date!
By submitting to Artfully Wed, you agree to honor this exclusivity policy:
- This submission has not been submitted to or published on any other wedding blog.
- If you do not receive an approval notice within 14 days of submission, you may certainly submit the session to other publications.
- However, during the 14-day review period, you may not submit or publish this session on other online publications.
- If your submission is accepted for publication on Artfully Wed, you may not submit it for features on other blogs until 30 days after the feature date.
- Failure to adhere to Artfully Wed’s exclusivity policy may result in rejection of future submissions.
Please note: We’re currently booking about 3 to 6 months out on the blog. Our magazine comes out quarterly.
Still have questions? Contact us!